Sopapilla (or Churro) Cheesecake Bars
Mmmmmmm! Cinnamon, sugar, cream cheese, and crescents....how much easier and delicious could a recipe be? I tried this recipe at my friend Jamie's house one day and it was heavenly! Hers was served warm (which I prefer), but I made these for a ladies outing and cold was still delicious (and prettier). Drizzle the top with honey for an added touch of sweetness. Enjoy!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- cinnamon and sugar
- Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of 9x13 pan
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls.
- Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture. Pinch seams together
- Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- These cut much easier when completely cooled and served cold. But, if prefer warm, go ahead and serve (just may not look as pretty!)
- Drizzle with honey, if desired
*Note, in pictures above, I used too much crescents. I used 1-1/2 rolls in each layer instead of one (thinking it would over better). Still good, but a little too much bread vs cheesecake